Saturday, September 18, 2010

Yard Sale Time!

I know I have been MIA for a few days... but it has been with good reason. Today we had a... 


YARD SALE!!


Now that we have officially moved Boogey out of her crib and into a big girl room, we figured it was time to get rid of all the wonderful baby stuff crap treasures we had been accumulating over the past 4 years. We had a TON of baby and toddler clothes, a crib, a glider, 2 PackNPlays, 3 Booster Chairs, a high chair, etc., etc. etc.  Not to mention a decent amount of regular household items.  So rather than try to Craiglist all of it, we had a ~Yard Sale~.

So the past week involved numerous late nights cleaning, organizing and pricing all of the items. It was a lot of work, but we were ready to go bright and early this morning. And I have to pat myself on the back for the fact that quite a few people (self-proclaimed "professional yard salers") said we had so much great stuff, priced really fairly and had done a fabulous job setting it all up. 

{props to me and the Heela!}

In the end, we netted $500 {$493.75 to be exact} so not a bad haul, if I do say so myself. Especially since that total only included one major purchase (our glider for $175) with the next largest item only being $35. Clearly it was a HUGE volume sold at VERY low prices (i.e., clothing items were only $1-$2 each).

I admit I was a little disappointed that some of our larger items didn't sell but I'll move those to Craigslist for a few weeks and see how that goes. The Heela has already made one run to the Salvation Army with a bunch of the smaller stuff that was left over so it is nice to have a little more breathing room in the house.

All in all, a good weekend so far!!
Hope yours is equally good!!



Pin It!

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and enjoy visiting your blogs in return!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...